Here we will publish additional information regarding the Film Festival event and film reviews. The festival will take place at St John’s College on Saturday 23rd March 2019.
- Interview with Paul Holbrook - ‘There’s a sense that you have to fit into a particular mould of what a filmmaker is. I don’t think I fit into that mould.’ An interview with Paul Holbrook, director of Hungry Joe and Shiney. In Paul Holbrook’s Hungry Joe, a boy is born with an ungovernable urge to eat. In Shiney, a pair … More Interview with Paul Holbrook
- Interview with Yiru Chen - ‘I have almost an idiotic hopefulness’: An interview with Yiru Chen, director of Handscape In Yiru Chen’s Handscape, a boy who’s hard of hearing delves into the world of dance against his mother’s wishes. Here, Chen talks about collaborating with the deaf community, what she’s learned from sign language, and how moving to New York … More Interview with Yiru Chen
- Interview with Nicky Larkin - I think evolution ended when we got the internet”: an interview with Nicky Larkin, director of Gone Viral In Nicky Larkin’s Gone Viral, a middle-aged couple who have yet to learn the language of the internet throw themselves into the social media circus. Here, Larkin talks about the dangers of online life, writing a film … More Interview with Nicky Larkin
- Isolation - In a post-lockdown world, the stifling sensations of isolation have been felt almost universally, as we have been compelled to ‘live in a bubble which isn’t necessarily reflective of reality’. Most of the films in this block were made during the first wave of the pandemic, feature this period heavily, or reflect upon the simple … More Isolation
- Love In The Time Of Covid - Lockdowns, distancing, Zoom dates: it might seem as if the social estrangement of the past year has stultified romance. Maintaining relationships and finding love is difficult enough without these barriers, but this block proves – as the old saying goes – that romance isn’t dead! Love, Post-LockdownUnited Kingdom (16min), Dir: Ben Mourra, Lucas Boetsch Isolating … More Love In The Time Of Covid